Rock Mountain National Park

Rock Mountain National Park
Timbercreek Trail Head

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bud's Butterscotch Pie

This recipe is one that my dad used to serve in his restaurant. I believe the recipe originally came from his sister who baked the pies for him. I have never had butterscotch pie like this anywhere else. It's a taste of heaven...

1 cup minus 1 Tbsp. flour
3 cups brown sugar
9 Tbsp. butter
4 1/2 cups milk
6 egg yolks beaten
1 Tbsp. vanilla



Combine flour, sugar and melted butter in large saucepan.
Add milk and cook until thickened stirring constantly.
Pour a small amount of mixture over eggs stirring vigorously.
Return to pan and continue cooking ten more minutes.
Add vanilla
Cool


Divide between 3 regular or 2 deep dish pre-baked pie crusts.
Keep refrigerated and serve with whipped cream on top.

2 comments:

  1. You're giving away family secrets!!
    lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled to stumble across this recipe! I used to work at VZs in SoHo in the mid 70s. So many good memories. Loved Bud & Lori....I even made them matching square dancing costumes once! Over the years I have tried to duplicate some of the dishes made there. Managed to perfect the strawberry pie and German chocolate pie. Loved Bud's veggie soup made out of left overs. Think of him every time I make veggie soup and wish I had his ingredients. I have tried to find recipes similar to the carrot salad and pea salad recipes. Never had any as good as his sister made. Miss that place and them.

    ReplyDelete